OUR FAMILY MEETING PLACE

Though miles may lie between us, we're never far apart, for family doesn't count the miles, it's measured by the heart.

FORUM NEWSLETTER

Cat
    Cat

FORUM NEWSLETTER Empty Keeping in touch

Post by Cat Sun 18 Dec 2011, 23:11

See how out of touch some of us are in this family... I still get Christmas cards from cousin Madeleine - to "Catherine, Richard and Hassan".

A lot of families - especially Irish ones - only ever get to meet up all together at weddings and funerals. Even that's not possible for some of us lot.

This little place is sorely needed. I hope it will help to reach out and draw the net in a little closer, a little family home where the door is always open and where everyone is welcome to visit day or night, and hopefully a place where future generations can share in the stories of days gone by, a little family history treasure trove to cherish and continue for years to come.

If any of you are in touch with any family members that you think might like to come and join us here, please pass on the link address of the Forum.
    Cat
    Cat

FORUM NEWSLETTER Empty FORUM NEWSLETTER

Post by Cat Mon 05 Nov 2012, 14:14

Hi everyone,

Just a little update to remind ye all that our little Forum is still going strong - and getting better all the time.

POLL

You will notice a few little changes recently made - one being that you now need to be logged in to the Forum to read posts that are there in most parts of the Board. So now when you look in on the Forum you can only read in certain parts before logging in - the majority of the posts are hidden away now from public view and can only be read when you have logged in to the Forum. This is just an experiment to see how people feel about it. Some of you may not be happy doing it this way, and for that reason there is a Poll on the forum (in the What's New? section) where every member can let their preference be known. Even if you don't use the forum that often - please log in at some stage between now and next Saturday to put your vote in the Poll.There are 4 questions/preferences in the Poll.

To vote in the Poll, all you need to do is look at the 4 preferences, see which one you prefer - and then click in the box beside the one you prefer best. Then click 'Submit'. Simple as that!
    You may only click one box - and straight away your vote will show up on the Poll.(It will not show up who has made that vote - but only 1 vote allowed per member, so once you have submitted your vote it cannot be changed).

In other news, it was great to see Catherine (Kitten) and Lucas last weekend when they had a little breakaway here in London. Always a joy to see them, and I'm so looking forward to seeing them again. Lucas managed to fix some major problems I was having with my computer (x) and also fixed it that I can now use the scanner .... which means ... one of the exciting things I can do now is to put old photographs up on the forum - photos that were taken long ago before we had such thing s as mobile phones and digital cameras. I am so excited about this and, as you will see, I have been doing a bit of experimenting there, so far managing to put up some lovely photos, full of memories, of Mammy and Daddy and Aunty Nora. (Take a look in the 'Photos' section).

Oh yes .... and I had the bestest spaghetti bolognese I've ever had in my life (and I've had quite a few of those!) - cooked by Lucas & Catherine. You'll understand why when I tell you what the special ingredient was that it contained... Well, there was no white wine in the house, so Lucas slapped in the nearest thing ... Jack Daniels! Yummy, Scrummy in my Tummy. (Lucas - sorry to give away your chef's secrets - but I think this family has now acquired that recipe as its very own. PLEASE GIVE THE FULL RECIPE ON THE FORUM so that we can all now enjoy our very own special Shannon Family dish "Shannon Special Spagbogalucas !

Enjoying very much reading (as I'm sure everyone is) Jimmy's amazing Journal s written when he was in Pakistan. Those were the days when the whole family would look forward with such excitement to receiving those long, newsy letters from Jimmy. There would be a long gap between letters, but when they did arrive - 14 and 15 pages long, that would make up for it. Phonecalls would be made with the exciting news - "Letter from Jimmy" ... and those letters would be passed around the family for weeks later.It's just wonderful that we can all enjoy these memories together and have a central place to keep them, so that all the future generations can enjoy them in future years.
    Same goes for the photos - and let's hope many more stories and accounts that will be added to our family album in time to come.

Wishing much Love, Luck and Laughter to all.

God Bless and keep ye all safe and hope to see you around the Forum real soon.

Catherine x

Current date/time is Mon 06 May 2024, 17:28