OUR FAMILY MEETING PLACE

Though miles may lie between us, we're never far apart, for family doesn't count the miles, it's measured by the heart.

How to post photos/images on the forum

Cat
    Cat

How to post photos/images on the forum Empty How to post photos/images on the forum

Post by Cat Fri 01 Jan 2021, 18:19

There are a few different ways that you can post images up on the forum.
    If you click into the FAQ button at top of the board  (the one that looks like this [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.])

one of the questions listed under 'Formatting and Topic types' is 'Can I post images?'
    Click into the question and the answer it gives you is:

You can easily insert images inside your topics and posts. To do this, you have two options in the editor: the first is a button to host an image from your device (computer or smartphone). The second is a button to insert an image by entering its web address (URL). You can also use the BBCode tag [IMG] or the appropriate HTML tags (if you are allowed to do so).

The ability to host images is offered natively and for free on all Forumotion forums via our image host partner Servimg. To use this service, all you have to do is click on the "Host an image" button in the editor.

The 'editor' they are talking about is the box you are in when you are composing your post.  I'm in it now as I type this.  The icons are in the toolbox above this box.  (You only see this toolbox when you are composing your post.  Once you press 'send' it prints what you have posted - and the toolbox above disappears from view.

Jimmy sent me this pic on WhatsApp.  I use WA Web, so I just right-clicked on the photo there and chose the option 'save this image'.  It went directly into my computer - into Downloads.
    So while I was posting this, I used the 'Host an image' icon, pressed ' Select files ', where it took me to my computer files.  Found the image in Downloads and clicked on it.  Then  copied the top URL from the 3 that came up beside the thumbprint of the photo (forget about the other 2 - only the top one you're interested in).  Copied that top URL - and inserted it into the 'Insert an Image' icon box where it says URL, and pressed 'Insert' at the bottom. 

Sounds complicated but it's not.  You just need to experiment with it and find out for yourself.
    Cat
    Cat

How to post photos/images on the forum Empty Re: How to post photos/images on the forum

Post by Cat Fri 01 Jan 2021, 18:44

Oops!  After all that, I forgot to insert the photo!

Here it is:  (hopefully!)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Post Christmas spontaneous pissup at my kitchen table
    Cat
    Cat

How to post photos/images on the forum Empty Re: How to post photos/images on the forum

Post by Cat Sun 03 Jan 2021, 15:18

I think Jimmy you have been experimenting with your photos in the PUBLIC part of the forum!

This is where I'm sure you meant to post your last message.  I have deleted it and copied it out here: (such as it is!)  I think it's mean to be a caption for the Abilad photo that you posted in the public part too.  So I will try and bring that (photo) here into this part also.

Jimmy wrote:[img]url=New Year's Eve Albilad.docx]New%20Year's%20Eve%20Albilad.docx[/url[/img]
    Texas Elizabeth releasing a fire lantern

[url=New Year's Eve Albilad.docx]New%20Year's%20Eve%20Albilad.docx[/url]

(This photo posted by Jimmy has been moved from the public area of the forum to here):
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Also posted by Jimmy in the Public area - and moved here into the private area:

Jimmy wrote:
    Last night the weather was mild, and (unlike Christmas Day) there was little or no wind - perfect for flying Chinese fire lanterns. Five of my neighbours and I fired up half a dozen lanterns, cylindrical paper balloons, and watched each orange glow rise and drift away until we could see it mo more. Each of us made a wish as we lit the lantern. We lit a wood fire in a brazier beside the tennis courts, enjoyed some bevvies, and sparklers, and sang a brief, raucous version of Auld Lang Syne "We'll drink a glass of the local stuff...".  Much better than the usual crowded, noisy New Year's Eve party. I'll try to upload some photos.

Current date/time is Mon 06 May 2024, 14:42