OUR FAMILY MEETING PLACE

Though miles may lie between us, we're never far apart, for family doesn't count the miles, it's measured by the heart.

2 posters

Viewing the latest topics and posts on the forum (at a glance)

Cat
    Cat

Viewing the latest topics and posts on the forum (at a glance) Empty Viewing the latest topics and posts on the forum (at a glance)

Post by Cat Thu 21 Sep 2017, 01:57

I have made a slight change to how we view the latest topics on the forum. 

Instead of the last (I think it was 12) posts moving and scrolling in the box in the side panel, you will now see that the posts no longer move - it simply shows the last 5 or 6 posts that were made and (like before) if you click into any one of those title links you will be brought directly to the topic where that post was made on the forum.

However, you will notice that the box now has its own little scroll bar - and this enables you to scroll all the way down through the last 99 posts made on the forum, and just stop where you want and click in the link and you'll be brought to that post instantly.

The very latest post will always be top of the list - and when a new post is made it knocks the bottom one off the list (number 99 !) but it doesn't mean that number 99 has been deleted from the forum.  It can still be found in the main part of the forum where it was originally posted.  And of course the [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] notification icon will still show up to point to where there has been a post made since your last visit, etc.  This is just an extra little option that we have now, to make things a bit easier - and a bit more interesting. Very Happy

(Sorry if all the above is blatantly obvious  dummy --- (it might not be to everyone ...) and just wanted to make sure that everyone is clear about the different options available, and why the changes have been made.
    Catherine Kitten
    Catherine Kitten

Viewing the latest topics and posts on the forum (at a glance) Empty Re: Viewing the latest topics and posts on the forum (at a glance)

Post by Catherine Kitten Sat 23 Sep 2017, 13:59

I really like this new change! 

In the previous version I always find myself having to refresh the page to see the post on top because it auto-scrolls. It's like trying to get on a moving train. Now I find it more calm and easier to navigate!

Thanks for this Auntie Cat! xxx

Current date/time is Thu 16 May 2024, 10:52