OUR FAMILY MEETING PLACE

Though miles may lie between us, we're never far apart, for family doesn't count the miles, it's measured by the heart.

2 posters

The Forum Radio

Cat
    Cat

The Forum Radio Empty The Forum Radio

Post by Cat Sun 24 May 2020, 14:57

Just discovered that the Blues channel on our forum radio (in the side bar [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ) was no longer working.
    All the other channels were okay - just that one had no sound coming from it.
    I have fixed it now - switched it from 'Keeping the Blues Alive' to 'Amazing Blues'.  Now works fine.

If anyone notices when using the radio that any of the channels don't work for you - please come in on the forum and let me know so I can fix it.

Don't forget - you don't hafta be logged in to the forum to use the radio here.

You currently have the choice of five channels to listen to - depending on your mood at the time:

Simply click on the channel of your choice and it will open instantly in a new tab or window on your comp, giving you some great non-stop music playing away in the background while you continue to do whatever it is you're doing on the comp.  Or, simply click it on and go about your business in the home - as loud or as low as you wish it to be; just adjust the volume with the standard volume control you have on your computer.

The channel choices are:

• Golden Oldies
    • Blues Radio
    • Irish Pub Radio
    • Absolute Irish Radio
    • Ceol FM

If anyone has a specific choice of channel they would like to add (or change!), just give the word here and your wish will become reality. Cool

(Works from your phone too, so long as you have it set to the forum 'Desktop' view or 'Web' view.  (If not, if you are simply in Mobile view on your phone, you miss out on all the other things in the forum sidebar as well as a whole load of other options when using the forum.  Just check your settings from your phone - usually 3 little dots at top - and simply click either Desktop view or Web view - and you've got the whole of the forum just as you see it on your computer.)
    If when you've clicked on your choice it doesn't start to play straight away, you might need to press the little arrow in the play bar (just as you would with a YouTube video), it has the Pause option there too.
    Cat
    Cat

The Forum Radio Empty Re: The Forum Radio

Post by Cat Sun 09 Oct 2022, 23:27

I have made a slight change to one of the channels on the Forum Radio:

The Blues Radio channel wasn't playing as soon as you clicked into it - (it did use to), but suddenly not any more - I found out that it's because you have to press play to listen to it now.  So I changed to a different Blues station - 'Amazing Blues'.  Listened for quite a while and really wasn't all that 'amazing' sigh , so have now changed to a totally different one again.

This new one is called 'Blues and Soul'  (it's actually 70's Blues and Soul).  Haven't had much of a chance to see if this one is any better, but check it out and see for yerselves.

My favourite there is still 'Irish Pub Radio'.  I listen to it all the time, day and night time.  I love it.  Every song played on there brings back memories, so lots of tears come with it too, but sure I suppose that's all part and parcel of it.
    By the way - Reading some of the back comments in there, comments from all over the world - it seems that some people have to press the play button there too to listen to it.  Depends on the browser you're using it seems.
    So, don't think that the radio is not working for you, wherever you are in the world - you might just need to try it with a different browser.

Actually - listened enough to that Blues and Soul station.  CHANGED AGAIN - this time to a station called
    61-BLUES(Found it on a different free internet radio streaming service).

Got it from this link:  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Music from 15,338 radio stations
    Tune in to thousands of internet radio stations live right now!

Yes - this one is staying. thumb up    Have a listen for yerselves.
    Catherine Kitten
    Catherine Kitten

The Forum Radio Empty Re: The Forum Radio

Post by Catherine Kitten Wed 12 Oct 2022, 17:13

heartface

Current date/time is Mon 29 Apr 2024, 10:31