OUR FAMILY MEETING PLACE

Though miles may lie between us, we're never far apart, for family doesn't count the miles, it's measured by the heart.

Blogs views changed back to normal view

Cat
    Cat

Blogs views changed back to normal view Empty Blogs views changed back to normal view

Post by Cat Wed 06 Jan 2021, 02:04

alien  I have just discovered that any topics/posts created in the Blog form (i.e. - in all the members' 'ROOMS' do not automatically resize images to an acceptable and viewable size, like they do in all the rest of the forum.
    When images/photos etc are very large, the main part of the forum automatically resizes them down to no more than 700 pixels width, 500 pixels height.  (That's the sizes I have set (they can be set at any size, but that is the one most suitable to the Forum).  So when you see a photo/pic with a little notice up along the top of the image, saying 'Enlarge this image' or 'see full size' - that is when the pic has been too large to display fully within the posting boxes.  I am sure you have discovered by now that if you click into 'enlarge this image' or 'see full size', it shows you the image in its original size, or at least larger than displayed.  Then I think the note on top shows 'click to reduce window' or something to that effect, so it goes back to the automatically re-sized pic view.

Well, the 'Blog' format works differently and separate from the main overall postings of the forum - good in some ways, but also has its cons - like the pic sizing.

So, from today I am going to change all the ROOMS settings back to how they were originally, same as rest of the forum.

Just so yez know, and in case yer wondering what's different WTF! - and to explain the reason why.

Current date/time is Tue 07 May 2024, 00:54