OUR FAMILY MEETING PLACE

Though miles may lie between us, we're never far apart, for family doesn't count the miles, it's measured by the heart.

Limit in PM Boxes

Cat
    Cat

Limit in PM Boxes Empty Limit in PM Boxes

Post by Cat Fri 19 Jun 2015, 12:08

(I have copied this from Kitten's Dublin interview thread:)

I originally wrote:
    Just in case not everyone is aware:  There is a limit of 50 messages on all the Private Message boxes.  
    Inbox - 50 limit
    Outbox - 50 limit
    Sentbox - 50 limit

Unfortunately, Forumotion forums don't allow any more.  All are set to the maximum here.
    It's a good idea for everyone to check that their Inbox or Sentbox isn't full - a notification tells you up the top, says something like 'Your Inbox is 75% full', etc ...

Yes, so if you use it a lot, it's advisable to check every now and then - and perhaps delete the ones that you don't need anymore so as to make room for new ones.  Otherwise, people could be sending you a message and you wouldn't know cos they can't get through cos it's full.
    You can also create a number of new boxes in the Private Message place and call them whatever you like ... and then maybe move some of the messages you want to keep over to one of those boxes. The new ones will of course have a 50 message limit as well.  You could, for instance, open a box, call it 'Jimmy' - and move all sent and received messages from Jimmy into that box ... thus making room in your main boxes ...

update  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  -   I need to make a correction to that post.

Where I have said ...
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] You can of course open up a number of other boxes within your Private Messages and call them whatever you like.  e.g. make a separate box where you can transfer over all the PMs to and from one particular member.

I'm afraid this is not the case after all.  Sorry if I've confused anyone with this.  It is something that you can do on other forums (FreeForums)  - (and that's what I must have been thinking about there) - but Forumotion unfortunately do not have this option on their forums.

So, it's back to the 50 limit in each box and you can save messages you want to keep in the Savebox - BUT only up to 50 of them.

Current date/time is Mon 06 May 2024, 18:10