The Shannon Family Forum

Our members originate from Monaghan, Kilkenny, Galway. Affiliated with our Shannon Family are Dooley, Burke, Martin & more. Currently spread around Monaghan, Kilkenny, Wicklow, Wexford, Waterford, Dublin, Galway, London, Holland, Indonesia, Saudi Arabia

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 11 on Sun 6 May 2018 - 21:09

Top posting users this week

Latest topics

» Garden Gossip
by Jimmy Sat 19 May 2018 - 14:48

» Eurovision 2018: 7 things to look out for during the show
by CathyCat Tue 15 May 2018 - 0:05

» Red tide: Electric blue waves wash California shore
by Catherine Kitten Mon 14 May 2018 - 15:26

» RECIPES GALORE!
by CathyCat Sun 13 May 2018 - 16:00

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOIRA!
by Jimmy Sat 12 May 2018 - 6:22

» Changes to the Forum
by CathyCat Thu 3 May 2018 - 13:27

» Medium Allison Dubois coming to Ireland!
by CathyCat Sat 3 Mar 2018 - 15:07

» Simon's Cat
by CathyCat Tue 26 Dec 2017 - 16:38

» The functions of the Toolbar at the very top of the forum
by CathyCat Thu 8 Jun 2017 - 12:23

» The Cat's Pyjamas
by CathyCat Tue 9 May 2017 - 20:54

» The Clever Carrot
by CathyCat Thu 2 Feb 2017 - 10:51

» Tom Yum Thai Chicken Soup
by CathyCat Tue 8 Nov 2016 - 16:34

» Veg recipes of India
by CathyCat Fri 30 Sep 2016 - 15:57

» Cat talking to her kittens
by CathyCat Sun 30 Nov 2014 - 12:45

» Cicken Tikka Recipe
by Catherine Kitten Mon 1 Sep 2014 - 11:55

» WeightWatchers Meals for One & Two - Recipes
by CathyCat Fri 2 Aug 2013 - 11:13

Top posting users this month

Top posters

CathyCat (1812)

Jimmy (403)

Catherine Kitten (346)

Kevin (102)

Lucas (86)

Triona (61)

Moddycat (10)

Eileen Shannon (7)

Doodlebug (6)

Changes to the Forum

CathyCat
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Changes to the Forum

Post by CathyCat on Thu 3 May 2018 - 13:27

The Premium Package is now paid for one year, up until 28th April 2019.  I don't think I will be renewing it after that expiry date, so I hope yez'll all make use of it, while we do have it!

For full details, see:  arrow right this topic inside the Forum - (You will need to be logged into read.)

At present, we only use a fraction of the options that are available to us in the paid up Premium package, but the main benefit is keeping the ads out of the forum. 

There is now an automatic 'popular contents' Newsletter that gets sent to all members (every 15 days I think), highlighting some of the trending topics on the Forum.  I'm not sure whether this option will work though, being that it's a closed forum only accessible to logged-in members, so will just wait and see what happens in the next couple of weeks.
If you do receive the 'popular contents' Newsletter in your email inbox, and would rather not receive any more, you will have the option to tick the link to unsubscribe and you won't be bothered with it any more.
Additionally, we can continue with sending the 'normal' manual Newsletter as and when there is a need for it.

Edited to add:  update

Well, I have just discovered that the automatic Newsletter won't work, as none of our Forum's content is public, so forget that for now.
Seems a shame not to avail of it; I think perhaps I will add on a small section which can be publicly available, and only stuff contained within that one section can then be included in the newsletter.  You will also be able to read in that part without having to log in.  It'll be good for non-personal things like YouTube videos, news items of interest, etc.  WATCH THAT SPACE!
All the rest of the forum will remain private as it is now.

Further update:  update

The new public part of the Forum is The Garden.  Only items posted in the open part of the forum, i.e. The Garden, will feature in the Newsletter.  To read all other content and to post messages on the Forum, you will need to log in as usual.

If you have forgotten your password to log in to the forum, read here arrow right Password help.

Current date/time is Tue 22 May 2018 - 14:18